Everyone knows how good it feels to be at their peak performance level and having that “I’m on top of the world” feeling. But then, you plateau, and making it to those boot camps or running after work seems to be extremely hard. Here are seven tips that will help you find that perfect concoction to stay motivated while working out.
- The early bird gets the worm. Rise to the occasion; wake up an hour or two earlier to get that workout in before work or school. Make it the first thing you do in the morning so you won’t keep putting it off.
- Bribe yourself. Who said bribery was a bad thing? Set a goal and don’t forget to reward yourself. Be proud of yourself, you deserve that new bikini or power tool!
- Get a buddy. Make your workout a social event. Whether catching up on the latest gossip, making it a competition, or just having someone there to count your sets, a workout buddy is beneficial. Chances are, you will hold each other accountable whenever one of you is getting a little less motivated.
- Switch it up. Think fun and shake things up a little. Having the same workout routine can get boring sometimes. Go out on a limb and sign up for that belly dancing class. Who knows? You may enjoy it.
- Keep a log. Look at how far you’ve come and how much you’ve improved or accomplished. You know you look good and feel great, but now you have those results to prove it!
- Tune in. Keep your iPod fresh. Download that new song that you’re addicted too and don’t be afraid to put it on repeat or shuffle.
- Find a quote. There are numerous motivational quotes all over the internet. Find one that fits and inspires you. Post it in your locker, in your car, on your mirror, or make it your background on your computer or phone. This quote should not only motivate you to get in the gym, but brighten your day and keep you confident in your abilities to conquer anything.