The Central Undergraduate Research Board (CURB) is a small group of student leaders on campus who serve as an advisory board promoting undergraduate research, creative, and scholarly activity at UCO. The board consists of 5-10 members representing the university’s five colleges, and works with the Office of High-Impact Practices to engage students and to plan for future growth in undergraduate research. Students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
CURB’s mission is to:
- Promote undergraduate research, creative, and scholarly opportunities;
- Collaborate with other student groups on campus to get the word out about research, creative, and scholarly opportunities and their benefits to students;
- Contribute to the conversation about expanding opportunities to our diverse student body;
- And provide a student voice to advise OHIP on student polices, practices, resources, and services
Undergraduate students can apply to serve on CURB through a nomination process. To nominate yourself or someone else, please send an email to Dr. Michael Springer, Director of the Office of High-Impact Practices at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, be sure to include the nominee’s name and answers to the following three questions.
- Why do you think undergraduate research is important?
- What would you like to do to promote undergraduate research experiences at UCO?
- What does diversity, equity, and inclusion mean to you and why are these important in undergraduate research?
Students and faculty can nominate any undergraduate student to serve on the advisory board. The deadline to nominate is Friday, September 10, 2021. Students selected to serve on the board will be notified by Friday, September 17, 2021.
Benefits for advisory board members include a voice in decisions about undergraduate research programs, leadership opportunities, as well as network building and community outreach. It is a chance to impact undergraduate research, creative, and scholarly activities for other students at UCO.
Serving on the advisory board is a voluntary position, with an estimated time commitment of five hours per month. The term of appointment is for the academic year 2021-2022.
If you are interested, submit a nominating email to email@example.com today!