Get-To-Know a Broncho

Sheridan Leake, J.D., Chief Investigator of Equal Opportunity

What is your background? 

My background is in law. I graduated from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 2018. Since then, I have worked in higher education for 5 years. Prior to going to law school, I attended courses here at UCO for Administration and Management for Criminal Justice. My bachelor’s degree is also from Oklahoma City University where I earned my degree in Justice Studies-Criminology and a minor in Spanish.

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO.  

I first got involved at UCO in 2020 by working for legal in the athletic department as a Compliance Administrator. Quickly after starting, I moved into the role of Director of Athletic Compliance for 2 years and then came to the Title IX Office in May 2022. I have worked as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator for the duration of my time here at UCO.

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contributions to the university? 

My strongest belief for my contribution to UCO is the work I do Title IX. I am very passionate about educating our campus on what Title IX is and how we can actively engage in healthy conversations and relationships with one another. Our cases are a vital part of what happens on this campus and I do not take that responsibility lightly. I enjoy investigating cases for our campus and ensuring that everyone involved receives fair and equitable treatment.

What do you do when you are not working? 

When I am not working, I love to spend time with my son George. He is the light of my life and I enjoy spending time with him. He is at such a fun age, and it makes it such a special time for my husband and I to share together with him.