David Ball, Title IX Program Specialist
The UCO Title IX office has several events planned during the month of October for the Central community.
These events include:
- Title IX Table in NUC: Visit members of the Title IX office from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday, Oct. 10, on the second floor of the Nigh University Center;
- Coffee Conversation: Enjoy coffee and making connections from 9:30 -10:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 14, and Friday, Oct. 28, in the Max Chambers Library, Room 414; and,
- Lunch and Learn: The Title IX office will host a lunch and learn from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, in the HES Virginia Lamb Living Room.
Title IX Community
Benefitting the Women’s Research Center & BGLTQ+ Student Center (The Center). Title IX will be collecting menstrual products for The Center throughout the month of October.
- Panty Liners
- Menstrual Cups
- Title IX Office, LIB 414
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion, NUC 136
- Student Involvement Center, NUC 141
- Wellness Center Lobby
- The Center, Thatcher Hall 106
Be a Title IX Decision Maker and Procedural Advisor
The UCO Office of Title IX has re-opened the opportunity for faculty and staff to serve as decision-makers and procedural advisors for Title IX and sexual misconduct cases. Procedural advisors assist students throughout a Title IX case by advising on the process, preparing for the formal hearing or informal resolution, and participating in the hearing.
Decision-makers serve on a hearing or appeal panel to decide the outcome of a case by reviewing evidence and asking questions of the involved parties, witnesses, and investigator.
Faculty and staff interested in serving will be required to participate in a 90-minute introductory training session and will be provided the opportunity to participate in several 30-minute training sessions throughout the fall and spring semesters.
Sign up: https://uco.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4G8n08wEtEPogOq
For questions and additional information contact Title IX Program Specialist David Ball at email@example.com or by visiting the Office of Title IX’s website.