Get-To-Know a Broncho

Esther DeClark M. Ed., Coordinator of Student Organizations

What is your background?

My name is Esther DeClerck and I am a Coordinator in Student Engagement. I started here in July of 2021 and my coordinator role oversees our campus system – UCORE, overseeing our 200+ active student orgs and Advising the Student Programming Board. 

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO. 

Before I came to UCO I worked at Children’s Miracle Network Hospital advising 30 Dance Marathon programs across the nation as well as working with our corporate partners and our golf sector, Play Yellow, and our gaming sector, Extra Life. Before that I received my master’s degree in Higher Education with a focus in Student Affairs at Florida State University, and before that I attended the University of Oklahoma for my undergraduate experience. 

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contributions to the university?

When I am working with students, my philosophy is to meet each student where they are. I believe that this has allowed students to grow in their own ways while they become better leaders. I hope that I have had a positive effect on all the students that I work with here at UCO. My goal is to ensure that every student leaves my office smiling and in a better headspace than they came in with. 

What do you do when you are not working?

When I am not working you can most likely find me outside. I have two dogs that I love to take hiking and love to be outdoors with. I like to slackline and hammock. I am a BIG movie gal, and of course love a good binge watch of shows now and then. I am ALWAYS listening to music, and I love being surrounded by my people!