Get-To-Know a Broncho

M’Lissa Freeman, Employee Experience Specialist

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is thumbnail_FB38BA93-FB51-40BA-9D53-19EE3EBA9A61-3-819x1024.jpg

What is your background?

I am fourth generation born and raised right here in Edmond, Oklahoma. My grandmother attended 4th and 5th grade in Old North, back when it was a schoolhouse. My grandfather was even contracted to excavate the area in front of Old North to prepare for future renovations back in the 1960s. You could say my Broncho roots run deep!  

I graduated from Edmond North High School in 2016. I then attended Oklahoma State University, where I graduated in 2019 with a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Leadership. While at Oklahoma State, I was a campus tour guide and event planner for Undergraduate Admissions. This is where my true passion for events began.  

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO.

I took concurrent classes here at UCO while in high school, I was here multiple times a week and wandered the campus a lot. After college, I completed a year in Human Resources for an Oklahoma insurance company. When I saw UCO was hiring within Human Resources I knew I had to apply.  

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contributions to the university?

I love all things events and serving others. Communications is a huge part of my daily tasks here at the university and I am beyond grateful to have the opportunity to serve our campus and all employees through communications and events.  

What do you do when you are not working?

In my free time, you can find me running my boutique and playing with my two pups, Kimber and Remi. I started a boutique out of my home back in 2021 and have just recently moved to a storefront called Stompin’ Grounds Market in OKC. Feel free to check out my website as well, thempdesigns.com