Fran Petties, director of talent development
The Talent Development department to host a virtual Dare to Lead™ Cohort for UCO faculty and staff with facilitator Linda Clark MHRM, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CDTLF at a discounted price of $425. Individuals who complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and a digital Dare to Lead Trained badge. The program dates are March 23, 30, and April 13, 20, 27 from 12:30 – 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 9 is the deadline date to register.
Objectives of the Program:
- Understand why vulnerability (uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure) is the foundational skill set of courage.
- Articulate the definition of a leader as someone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people or processes and has the courage to develop that potential.
- Determine your call to courage as a leader.
- Identifying the four skill sets that makeup courage: rumbling with vulnerability, living into our values, BRAVING trust, and learning to rise.
- Understanding that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are measurable, observable, and teachable.
- Understanding the critical role that self-awareness plays in daring leadership.
- Recognize the importance of emotional literacy for effective communication and connection.
- Understanding that it’s armor – not fear – that is the greatest obstacle to daring leadership.
- Recognizing that vulnerability is the birthplace of many of the behaviors that define daring leadership including creativity, accountability, and difficult conversations.
- Identify your core values and the behaviors that support these values so you can learn to recognize when you are acting from a place of integrity (and when you are not).
- Recognizing that daring leadership requires showing up for hard conversations and rumbles, including giving and receiving feedback.
- Learn how to use the BRAVING inventory as a way of understanding and discussing the elements of trust: Boundaries, Reliability, Accountability, Vault, Integrity, Nonjudgment, and Generosity.
Follow this link and the instructions below to participate at the discounted price.
- Enter your email address and accept terms and conditions, click next.
- Look for “Have a coupon?” on the next page and enter UCO2022TEAM, click APPLY.
- You’ll see the rate change from $1,095 to $425.
- Enter your payment information and finish the registration.
An online flier can be found on the People and Culture Hub.