Ellen Schmidt, master electrician, Mitchell Hall Theatre
The Staff Senate met on Tuesday, Nov. 2. Our guest speaker was Christopher Lynch, Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success. We passed two amendments to the Staff Senate Bylaws: SSA 2021/2022- 001 (Gender Neutral Language in Staff Senate Bylaws) and SSA 2021/2022-002 (Special Meeting for Officer Elections).
The Staff Senate is scheduled to meet from 2- 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 7 and Tuesday, Jan. 11. The agendas and guest speakers aren’t set at the time of this writing, but information will be added the UCO Staff Senate website as it becomes available. The meetings are scheduled to be in FSI 106 and are available to watch via Zoom. Everyone in the UCO community is welcome to attend. Masks and distancing are strongly encouraged for those who attend in person.
For more detailed information regarding the roles of senators, meeting agendas, minutes, how you can bring legislation topics to the Senate, or to learn who your Staff Senate representatives are, please visit the UCO Staff Senate website.
Who is my Staff Senator?
Staff members don’t always know which Senate division represents them. Academic Affairs is particularly confusing since it’s the name of both an office and a Senate division. Senate divisions are broad umbrellas that cover many areas and departments. Below is a list of Senate divisions and some of the Colleges and areas they represent. UCO has too many departments for a comprehensive list to be practical, but this should steer you in the right direction. A Senator might not come from your specific department, but you can contact any Senator from your Senate division, because they all represent you. If you’re still unsure, contact the Executive Committee, and we’ll be happy to help.
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Affairs – Brenton Wimmer
- Center for eLearning and Connected Environments – Tracey Romano
- Chambers Library – Shay Beezley
- College of Business – Shelley Selanders
- College of Education and Professional Studies – Rod Edwards, Lindsey Rodgers
- College of Fine Arts and Design – Tami Jackson, Ellen Schmidt
- College of Graduate Studies
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Mathematics & Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- LX Studio – Jakey Dobbs
- Oklahoma A Plus Schools
- Planning & Analysis – Cami Cho
- Research and Grant
- Special Academic Support
- Athletics Administration – Reggie Jordan
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Kinesiology & Health Studies
- Strength & Conditioning
- Finance & Operations
- People & Culture
- Compensation and Benefits
- Human Resources
- Inclusive Community
- Safety Management
- VP People & Culture
- Information Technology
- Enrollment & Student Success
- Mixed Divisions