Get-to-Know a Broncho

Sydney Richardson, engagement and outreach coordinator, Office for Advancement

What is your background?

I grew up in Edmond, and after high school, I attended UCO where I earned my B.B.A in Marketing and a Minor in Leadership. My time on campus was never boring! Between leadership organizations, my sorority and the many internships I was lucky enough to have, I learned a lot about myself and my passions. This eventually led me back to campus in an area I get to talk with people who share the same love for UCO that I do!  

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO.

I grew up on campus! My mother was a non-traditional student here at Central and would bring my brothers and I on campus to feed the fish and ducks at Broncho Lake. While she was in class, we spent time in the Child Development Center! She and my father understand the value of higher education and wanted to make sure my brothers and I were exposed to all that college has to offer. UCO has always been a special place in my life and I’m happy to be here!

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contributions to the university?

Like mentioned before, I’m very passionate about UCO and everything that the university does for our community. I hold many roles associated with the university which include legacy, alumni, current graduate student and employee. Each of these roles are important to me and I know they are important to those that hold those titles as well. My hope is that my knowledge, experience, passion and drive will help our alumni, students and community partners have the best experience with the university!

What do you do when you are not working?

I enjoy sports, reading, travelling and making lasting memories with family and friends.