Ellen Schmidt, Master Electrician, Mitchell Hall Theater
Did you know that in addition to our Staff Senate committees, senators also represent us on university-wide committees?
Current university-wide committees include:
- University Planning Council: Senator Edwards-Johnson
- Inclusive Community Response Team Advisory Council: Senator Wimmer
- Committee on Diversity: Senator Wimmer
- Employee Insurance Committee: Senator Beezley
- Mission, Vision, and Values Task Force: Senators Delaney, Beezley, and Wallace
Some previous university-wide committees with Staff Senate representation include:
- Branding Initiative
- Business Continuity Oversight Council
- Committee for University IT Project Prioritization
- Communicator’s Council
- Employee Assistance Program Committee
- Employee Wellness Committee
- Healthy Campus Leadership Team
- Oklahoma Higher Education Employee Insurance Group
- Professional Development Advisory Committee
- Transformative Learning for Employees Task Force
- Transportation and Parking Committee
- Web Accessibility Higher Ed Project Team
The Staff Senate held a meeting Tuesday, Aug. 3. The guest speaker was President Neuhold-Ravikumar. The Stakeholder Relations committee introduced SSR-2021/2022-001. Committees are scheduling their meetings and are in conversations about which issues to work on.
The Staff Senate will hold its next meeting Tuesday, Sept. 7. The agenda is not set at this time but information will be added the UCO Staff Senate website as it becomes available.
The next UCO Staff Senate meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 5 from 2-4 p.m. in FSI 106 (Forensic Science Institute lecture hall). The guest speaker is to be determined, but will be announced in Centralities and on the UCO Staff Senate website. Everyone in the UCO community is welcome to attend.
For more detailed information regarding the roles of senators, meeting agendas, minutes, how you can bring legislation topics to the senate or to learn who your Staff Senate representatives are, please visit the UCO Staff Senate website.