Get-to-Know a Broncho

Erin Logan, Title IX Coordinator and Director of Student Conduct

What is your background?

Growing up, my dad worked for the airlines, so I had the opportunity to live in Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Florida. Finally settling into life in my early 20s, I found the University of West Florida in Pensacola, where I earned my undergraduate degree in public relations and a graduate degree in educational leadership. After completing my Masters, I started my higher education career in housing and residence life at the University of Arkansas in 2005. In 2006, I accepted a new residence life opportunity at Valdosta State University in Valdosta, GA.

During my time at VSU, I started dating Brett Logan. In May of 2008, we got married and moved to Oklahoma so he could attend law school. Our original plan was to move after he graduated, but we ended up loving the area and people so much we decided to stay and make the OKC metro our forever home. My first position in Oklahoma was as the assistant director of overseas programs for Oklahoma City University. This position allowed me the opportunity to work with a student base in Singapore, as well as the chance of a lifetime to visit Singapore. In 2009, however, I realized that something was missing, and I wanted to get to serving students through positive and educational conduct processes.

For the next eight years, I would do just that, as well as campus programming, service learning, new student orientation, student clubs and career services, while serving as the director of Student Life at Oklahoma City Community College. In 2017, I was ready for a change and accepted the position of director of Student Conduct and Service Learning at Rose State College. In my four years at Rose State, I completed a second master’s degree in strategic public relations from George Washington University and my doctorate in public administration from West Chester University. But most importantly in 2017, Brett and I adopted our amazing son, Henry, who will be four-years-old in November.  

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO.

My first day as the title IX coordinator and director of student conduct was Aug. 16. While not yet fully involved at UCO, I am excited to meet people, collaborate and find my place within the UCO team. Being here is a dream and I am looking forward to making the most out of this experience.

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contributions to the university?

I have served colleges and universities within the field of student conduct administration for over 15 years and Title IX administration for nearly ten years. I have a wealth of experience, training and knowledge in this area, but more importantly is how I view these processes. For me, these crucial processes are a piece of the overall educational process. They are not punitive, but rather an opportunity for all participants to learn how to be better, more adjusted humans while at UCO and when they venture outside of our walls. This cannot be accomplished in a silo, though. Therefore, with a collaborative and community-focused approached, I will work with our campus community to educate and assist those we serve.

What do you do when you are not working?

My amazing husband and 3.5-year-old son keep me on my toes, but I make sure to also find time to care for my community. I love volunteering and have a passion for our local nonprofit organizations who care so much for those within our community who need it most.