Get to Know a Broncho: Michael Martin

Michael Martin, Director of IT Client Experience and Technology Resource Center

Michael Martin and family

What is your background?

I attended Mid-America Christian University and East Central University. I received a bachelor’s degree in management information systems and a master’s degree in human resource administration. I have been serving in higher education for eighteen years. I am married and have two sons. In 1992, I recorded and performed a single for a feature film, “I Don’t Buy Kisses Anymore.” I had a great time writing and performing but not enough to make a living with it, but I still enjoy writing and recording now and then.

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO.

I attended several Oklahoma IT Higher Education events at UCO and I was always impressed with the friendliness and professional atmosphere of UCO. I was determined that when an opportunity presented itself that this would be the place I would love to be a part of.

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contribution to the university?

My aim is to lead a great team to their potential as individuals and as a team. I love being a part of something everyone believes in and seeing everyone have an opportunity to be their best and achieve things that truly matter.

What do you do when you are not working?

I love physical fitness, weight training and running with my wife. I also enjoy reading and still write and sing when I have the time.