Stephanie Edwards, Manager of Web Strategy and IT Communications
If you or a colleague are using Zoom as your webinar platform, it is important to know how to keep your meetings secure from unwanted attendees. UCO has taken preventive measures by enabling passwords and waiting room features for all scheduled meetings, but there are other steps that you can take to keep your meetings secure:
- Don’t publicly share zoom meeting links and passwords;
- Schedule a meeting and require your participants to register;
- The Lock the Meeting feature keeps new participants from joining the meeting;
- Restrict screen sharing to yourself;
- Avoid scheduling meetings using your personal ID (PMI); and,
- Require participant authentication.
While Zoom is the most likely place to see unwanted guests, it is equally important to keep other webinar platforms secure. The Technology Resource Center will host intro trainings all this week to provide you with the necessary basics to be comfortable hosting meetings using the various webinar platforms and important steps to secure the meeting for each platform.
Register for training opportunities in the Learning Center.
If you are ready to take the next step, register now for advanced training opportunities:
For questions, email the Technology Resource Center or call 405-974-5595.