Get to Know a Broncho

Angie Austin-McCourtie, Administrative Assistant I, Office of Diversity and Inclusion

Angie Austin-McCourtie
Administrative Assistant I, Office of Diversity and Inclusion

What is your background?

I attended university at Oklahoma State University and the University of Central Oklahoma (Central State when I attended) studying Interior Design and Business. I got married at 20 and worked as a freelance Make-up Artist for 6 years. After having my first child I was a stay at home Mom and volunteered with the Hope Center of Edmond, my children’s schools, and a number of local Arts organizations for many years. I have owned a small catering/design business since 2009.

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO.

I returned to UCO as a student in 2017. I was hired by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion in December of 2019, so my one year anniversary is soon approaching!

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contribution to the university?

I think my strongest contribution I bring to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and to the University, is my life experience and World view.

What do you do when you are not working?

When I’m not working, I spend time with my children; they are adults, but luckily they still like to hang out with me. I love to cook and entertain, so there’s always a party at my house! I love attending local Arts events, museums, and galleries. I have to say, I am a social media junkie; Facebook and Instagram are my favorites! I read, love podcasts, and watch a lot of PBS!