Feature Story: One Day. One University. One Broncho Family.

Lily Smith, Director of Philanthropy, Homecoming Activities Board

When Bronchos come together, we can make one big difference.  

As a student at UCO, giving back to the Central community is something to be excited about. This year’s homecoming theme is “You’re Doing Fine, Central!” This theme pays tribute to the message that we will come back together, display our perseverance and showcase our Broncho Pride.

UCO has helped me “do fine” by helping me grow intellectually, assisting me financially, and bettering me socially and spiritually over the past year.

The support provided by UCO allows me, like so many other students, to be the first in my family to graduate from college. UCO helps hundreds of students each year “do fine” through the Bronchos Helping Bronchos program. This program provides students with emergency funding for situations that would prevent them from being successful in school. 

I’m excited to announce this year’s homecoming philanthropy recipient is going to Bronchos Helping Bronchos! As part of homecoming, we host a Central Day of Giving that is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020. This 24-hour fundraising event encourages Central students, alumni, faculty and staff, parents, retirees and friends of the university to give back to UCO illustrating the Broncho spirit. 

I hope you will save the date for the Central Day of Giving Tuesday, Sept. 29, and join me and my fellow classmates in donating a gift back to UCO to support Bronchos Helping Bronchos.  

Together we are stronger. 

For more information check out https://give.uco.edu.

P.S. Sept. 29 we will also be hosting our “Pack the Van” food drive supporting the Central Pantry, you can bring your non-perishable donations to the Broncho Lake Clock Tower

Lily Smith is a sophomore at the University of Central Oklahoma and is currently serving as the Philanthropy director for this year’s UCO Homecoming Activities Board. Lily also is a residents assistant in Murdaugh Hall, serves as the vice president for the Residence Hall Association, and is in the Leaders of Tomorrow scholarship program through UCO. Lily has a passion for helping others and she plans to continue to serve others far beyond her time here at UCO.