Jakey Dobbs, Learning Innovation Architect
The UCO Young Professionals Faculty and Staff Association (UCOYP) serves as a resource group to connect and support professionals in their careers at UCO through networking, professional development and community engagement opportunities. UCOYP is open to any employee at UCO, no matter their age or experience level.
A list of upcoming virtual events is as follows:
- Coffee Chat: 9-10 a.m. Wednesday, May 6, Eric Hemphill, UCO’s manager of Sustainability and Alternative Transportation, will lead a discussion on how to be more sustainable at home during this time.
- Podcast Club: Join UCOYP 2-3 p.m. Tuesday, May 12, to discuss the following podcast episode.
- Podcast: Brené Brown’s Unlocking Us – Conversations that unlock the deeply human part of who we are, so that we can live, love, parent and lead with more courage and heart.
- Episode: Dr. Marc Brackett and Brené on “Permission to Feel” – Dr. Marc Brackett has dedicated his life to studying emotions and to teaching us what he’s learning. In this episode, we talk about how emotional literacy – being able to recognize, name and understand our feelings – affects everything from learning, decision-making and creativity, to relationships, health and performance. Listen here.
- Cocktails with UCOYP: Join UCO Young Professionals for a cocktail 5-6 p.m. Thursday, May 21, from the comfort of your own home. UCOYP’s very own Brittany Platt, Transportation & Parking Services – communications and administrative coordinator, will lead the group through making one of her favorite cocktails, the Sunset Margarita.
- Ingredients needed: Lime juice, Curaçao/Triple Sec/Orange Liqueur, Tequila
- Optional: Pomegranate Juice to make it a “Sunset” and Rock Salt/Sugar for rim
Connect with UCOYP on Facebook to stay updated on upcoming virtual events. Email Jakey Dobbs for Zoom information, to join the UCOYP email list, or if you have any questions.