Get-to-Know a Broncho

Kari Luttrell, Payroll Specialist

What is your background?
I started my career as a payroll coordinator in the oil and gas field. I’ve spent the last few years in HR and payroll at HAC, Inc. I’m very excited to learn how payroll works within higher education! 

Tell me how you first got involved at UCO.
I first became involved with UCO as a student and I’m a proud Broncho grad! When this opportunity became available it was a no brainer to want to come back to the university I called home throughout my college years. I look forward to giving back to such a wonderful community! 

What would you say your strongest beliefs are about your contribution to the university?
Don’t we all look forward to getting paid?! I truly enjoy playing a role in ensuring we all get what we deserve on pay day. It’s an exciting role, and at times creates significant pressure, but it’s all so rewarding when pay day rolls around and fellow employees are appreciative of your dedication. I believe the different industries I’ve worked in has broadened my experience within payroll and I’m excited to see where things go here at UCO! 

What do you do when you are not working?
When I’m not working I’m enjoying my life as a newlywed! I married my best friend of 12 years this past October and it’s been the absolute best thing! I’m very close to my family and spend time with them every weekend. My nephews are into every sport, so you can definitely catch me at the baseball fields this spring. I enjoy running when the weather is nice; my friends think I’m crazy when I run in the Oklahoma heat during the summer and actually enjoy it. If you see me running around campus feel free to join me, I love meeting new people!