The UCO Staff Senate was created in spring 2014 to represent the staff that work at UCO. The areas that make up the staff senate include: Academic Affairs, Administration, Enrollment & Student Success, Finance & Operations, Information Technology, Athletics, Foundation/Alumni, President’s Office, Legal, and Leadership/University Relations.
Recognizing the value of involving staff as the University progresses toward the accomplishment of its goals and solution of its problems, the staff, faculty and administration established the University of Central Oklahoma Staff Senate. The Staff Senate is the body elected to represent the University of Central Oklahoma staff. The Human Resources department will serve as the Staff Senate sponsor and liaison.
For an up-to-date look at what Staff Senate is doing, click on “Bills, Proposals, and Resolutions.”
2021 Senator Elections
The 2021 Staff Senate elections have concluded. Congratulations to the following newly-elected senators:
- Shay Beezley, Jakey Dobbs, and Rod Edwards (Academic Affairs)
- Reggie Jordan (Athletics)
- Robert Day, Taylor Baird, Deborah Carson, and Jared Scism (Enrollment & Student Success)
- Paige Buchanan (People & Culture)
- Lauren Bieri (Mixed Division)
- Jamie Burns (Faculty-Academic Affairs)
Nominations for the next Staff Senate election will commence in March of 2022.