Fitness professionals use the acronym FITT to plan workouts. Here is a quick abdominal workout planned using FITT.
- F(frequency): 3 times per week
- I(intensity): Each exercise should be performed at maximal effort.
- T(time): 8 minutes total: 4 exercises each performed 1 time for 2 minutes without stopping! If two minutes is too difficult, start by performing each exercise for as long as you can and build up to 2 minutes over the course of a couple weeks.
- T(type): Toning/strength training
1. Partial curl up: Lying on back knees flexed as seen in the picture. Arms are extended and rested on the thighs. Curl up until the shoulders come up off of the ground and then go back down. Repeat for 2 straight minutes. . . .