One question always asked is how college students can keep from gaining that “freshman 15”. There are many ways to bypass that but exercising to me is the best way to keep from gaining those extra pounds. Here are my top 5 ways to exercise during your college life.
- Walk or bike to class: this is an easy way to get your heart rate up and your blood flowing before you get to your class. Getting your blood pumping before class can help your mind retain information longer rather than getting to class when your brain is still tired.
- Join an intramural sport: not only is this a great way to keep off those extra pounds but this is also a great way to keep your body in shape. It allows you to meet new people, make new friends, and keep your competitive side alive. Click here for more information on intramurals.
- Go for a walk with some friends: UCO has a beautiful campus. The landscape within the campus makes for a relaxing and therapeutic walk. There are three different trails that are mapped on the UCO website that will guide you through campus. Walking with friends outside is a great way to reflect on what you have done the past week and what you still have to do within the next week.
- Take a fitness class as a course: there are a few different exercise classes that you can take that will not only allow you to get credit hours but they also allow you to learn how to exercise from professionals while taking the classes.
- Go to your college gym: UCO offers a free gym at the Wellness Center for all students and faculty. Yes, the gym can get a little packed every now and then but when you are a college student and there is an opportunity to take advantage of a free gym, why not take it? This allows you to save money on the gas to and from another gym, that you have to pay a membership for. So, you are not only getting a good exercise in but you are saving money at the same time.
The best thing about all of these is that they are all easily accessible. One . . .