September 16th – November 18th, 2021
“This exhibition features posters created by both men and women to celebrate and acknowledge the vital role that all citizens should play in protecting and promoting human rights while actively challenging gender inequality and stereotypes, advancing sexual and reproductive rights–“.
“Women’s Rights Are Human Rights: International Posters on Gender-Based Inequality, Violence, and Discrimination” is a traveling exhibition curated by Prof. Elizabeth Resnick from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and hosted by UCO’s Melton Gallery and the School of Design. This exhibition and its corresponding programming are designed to celebrate women and gender non-conforming social justice advocates of all races, and ethnicities while highlighting the past and existing inequalities they have fought against. In addition to large-format posters designed by people from all over the world, the exhibition will include a zine library, a zine-making station, and educational programming from visiting artists and lecturers.
- Opening Reception: September 16th
- AAUW Art and Activism Showcase: September 23rd
- International Gender Studies Conference Zine Presentation and Reception: September 30th
- Melton Zine Library and Zine workstations: September 16th-November 18th
- Gallery Talk and Zine launch with Artist and Author, Gay Pasley: October 28th
- Free Screen Print Night: November 11th
- Closing Reception: November 18th
- Class visits and zine workshops by appointment throughout the run of the exhibition