• Virginia Glaze

I found Ramu’s speech to be both highly intriguing and deeply intellectual. The way he linked the Central Six to the operations and values of the United Nations was fascinating, and it opened my eyes to how we can operate as a community. His acronym for Oklahoma is original, and gives a sort of command- let’s manifest achievement. I believe that we can use the themes in this acronym to gather more closely as both a college campus and simply as friends working toward a cause- the cause of bettering the world, both locally and internationally. He stressed that the organization of knowledge is imperative to bettering humanity, and I agree with this. If we can come together and share what we know in a humane and integrated environment, there’s no doubt that we can all come together, be it just on this college or throughout the world.

• Clayeton Hammock

I think in order to align this theme with people-ization in your local community, you first have to found out what you’re passionate about. Like he kind of touched on, it is inpossible to know every aspect of everything. If you find that one area that you are passionate about and put your effort there, that is when you can have a huge impact. Then buy finding people that care about the same cause, but also have different qualities than you is when you can be successful and have a great affect on your local and international communities.

• Monica Farquhar

I think people-ization goes hand and hand with the first two words, “organized knowledge.” To me people-ization Is giving power to the people of the community and letting them have say in what goes on. This coinsideds with organized knowledge because giving power to the people isn’t just a one man job. It’s a collaborative job that takes contribution from every party in order to be successful.

• Marielle Jackson

I loved how relatable Mr. Damodaran was to the class. I believe I would align this theme by first of all gathering my ideas and thoughts, and secondly making a plan to use those thoughts. Personally, I need to build relationships with people before I feel like my knowledge makes any impact on them. I think it starts with building relationships, aligning your thoughts with others, and working together to have those ideas and plans play out. I think in my own community, it starts with being selfless and doing things for others. Whether it be friends or strangers, it’s important for me to let people know that I want to do things for them and hear what they have to say. By doing things and hearing what others have to say, I believe it can manifest to others that they are capable of serving others too.

• Jessica Solis

Ramu Damodaran was a phenomenal and intellectual speaker. It was an maxing experience being able to listen to him speak. The way I interpret this question is how can knowledge allow achievement within the community. I believe knowledge has a huge role in achievement within local and international community. Without knowledge we wouldn’t have the ability to further ourselves, without being able to furthering ourselves we couldn’t be able to further our communities. Therefore knowledge plays a huge role in the development of a community.

• Sidra Mesiya

A lot of what people base their knowledge on in our society is things they hear and see through the media, which most of the time is incorrect, biased, and ignorant. Organized knowledge can help combat the spread and intake of incorrect information. It can also diversify the way people think which can lead to new ideas. New ideas lead to new opportunities from which one can manifest all sorts of achievement.

• Mary Schwager

To relate to a current event, this brings Malala Yousafzi to mind, and her story of courage and dedication to her cause for girls’ education. Her winning of the Nobel peace prize will hopefully bring a spotlight back on her and her activism for education. It seems she (and her cause) have been out of the focus of public interest recently, since she recovered from being shot. Malala knows, and is helping her father spread the fact, that education is a right to all. Women should have the same access to it as boys. This just scratches the surface of all the women’s rights issues being challenged currently.

In a completely different direction, when there is knowledge and this knowledge is spread, the public gains more interest and dedication to a cause. Putting information out there aboug whatever cause you support will help others to begin to see your side, when they are faced with the blunt facts of the situation. Being exposed to this knowledge removes the “buffer” of ignorance, and ignites peoples desire to help.

• Micah Jones

Ramu presented the following acronym: Oklahoma – Organized Knowledge Lets All Human Opportunity Manifest Achievement. How can you align this theme with people-ization within your local and international community.

The theme explains that knowledge that is organized lets ALL opportunity display acheivement. This aligns with the theme of power to the people in a few ways. The phrase “knowledge is power” comes to mind when I read this acronym. With knowledge, power is gained, power allows control and the ability to make a difference. Power can be used to lead a group of people to a similar goal which then can result in achievement. It specifies that this knowledge is organized knowledge. To me, this promotes the idea of getting an eduacation, specifically a higher education. This is not the only way to gain knowledge, but it is most relavent in my case. With this kind of knowledge, people are able to make a difference in their community no matter how large.

• Micah Jones

• Lexi Carroll

After hearing Ramu speak, I could feel his passion for people and his heart for wanting to make a difference in our world. He presented the acronym of Oklahoma-Organized Knowledge Lets All Human Opportunity Manifest Achievement. It took me while to understand its flu meaning, but now I understand that he was explaining people-ization. This means giving power to the people. These themes align because as long as people have a say in how they want to make a difference, and know what they are going to do to make that difference, the possibility for success is endless. People have so much power in the world, and we can only hope they manifest it for the good of the people.

• Deven Bond

Ramu Damodaran talked about the acronym OKLAHOMA. Throughout his lecture he discussed the power or organized knowledge several times. Organized knowledge can be described as individual knowledge paired with that of other individuals in an organization. So this knowledge gives all people the power to manifest achievement. When individuals pool their knowledge within an organization, that knowledge can give the organization a strong advantage over others.. This can be aligned with people-ization because the term means power to the people. In college I have participated in more group projects than I ever have before, so I’ve learned that if we give everyone equal opportunity to express their ideas and we put our knowledge together there are much greater benefits.

• Haley McKinzie

The theme that Ramu talked about is something that we can all apply to our lives. People-ization refers to power of the people. Within a community or a leadership group if we listen and utilize each voices knowledge than we can achieve anything. In some aspects of life, if your opinion is heard then that opportunity is one step closer to achieving your final goal.

• Jessica Matallana

Well, instead of globalization, people-ization puts the actual individual first at the center of leadership, no matter their background, ethnicity, etc. Although globalization is somewhat the same thing, people-ization provides another perspective and is more on a personal level. Beginning at the local level will begin to manifest not only in others but in yourself as well, and you can then have the ability to achieve this leadership quality on an international level as well.

• Michael Blunck

When I was young I was always told by every teacher and motivational poster to dream big, that the bigger the dream the grander the results. However, this idea requires qualification. You see, the bigger the individuals dreams the grander the things they as an individual might accomplish, but they are still just an individual. As our esteemed speaker said this week “macro problems call for macro solutions,” which leaves most of us confounded as to those solutions. When asked how we ought to proceed as individuals Ramu Damodaran told us to find a single issue or problem and to know it inside and out, to find away to solve a local problem, and by our local contributions of trial and error we would find the solution to the grand issue we started with. This is less of a dream big concept as it is a think local, act local, apply global one; a far cry from the simplified ideas of our primary and secondary educations.

By focusing on a single problem in our communities we can develop the techniques and rally the resources needed to make the global contributions necessary to solve the global issues we see. I find it telling that a global NGO as powerful and influential as the UN would have as the apex of its policy pyramid the individual. The idea that their goal is not the grandiose removal of violence or the ambiguous end to suffering, but the directed facilitation of a global framework to help the individual to thrive; this way the removal of bombs and the creation of food simply becomes means to an understandable and concrete end. This is essentially the underling concept behind Ramu’s Oklahoma acronym and the idea of people-lization, its the magic of aggregated human effort through the aggregation of human data.

Thus, the way to best help the individual on the global scale is to develop the academic and pragmatic expertise to contribute to the organized knowledge of the world. My stats professor, Dr. Kickham described academic research as a mountain of pebbles that every student, researcher, and instructor adds to. This is in essence what we must do at the local level to better help the global one. we must start seeking solutions to issue that plague our own communities and then add our solutions to the grand pile that the world can then draw from.

One way we might do this would be to look to the rest of the world and survey the issues that impede to people-lization that we have been discussing; the things that make people food insecure, unsafe, and unable to learn. Then we ought to turn that lens toward our nation and communities and with all the passion we gain from our initial survey, do all that we can to right these same wrongs at home.

How do you stop human trafficking? start by finding the best ways to deal with the systemic issues that facilitate it in OKC. Whats a way we can do that? Well there are several combined solutions that can stop this issue; change law enforcement policy to target pimps and madams as opposed to primarily those who work for them. Dedicate federal or state agents to undercover work as we do for gangs and bike clubs, and use their information to better understand the overall structure of the trafficking network. Sum these efforts with those of local nonprofits or churches that help take on the legal fees for those arrested for prostitution, and help these individuals find work outside of this field, or physically give them somewhere else to live other than the neighborhoods where they were recruited or forced into the practice in the first place. Provide more resources for the maintenance of women resource shelters that provide those who escape from these institutions a safe haven and people they can trust. These are the sort of infrastructural and policy driven initiatives that the individual can contribute to.

The same can be done for any number of domestic problems, from food insecurity to a lack of adequate health care in a community. These are all services that semi-public agencies can be formed to alleviate and alter. Combine those non-profit efforts with public policy and funds, and private investments and many of the systemic issues we face can begin to erode, but it starts with the efforts of concerned, informed, and motivated citizens who wish to better their homes and neighborhoods.

This is where the real people-lization comes in, we must start realizing that our ultimate goals are the betterment of the individual at all levels of society and that requires the investment of our collective compassion and talents. We must be willing to be satisfied and proud of what we can accomplish at the local level and not be discouraged by trying to jump right to the next step. we must be comfortable with the idea that its okay that our actions are pebbles, because each one rises us all that much higher. It only takes one log to stave off the cold without, but first we must find the power to stave off the cold within.

• Emily Raynor

I believe this acronym truly means that all the knowledge I gain in my community can be applied to the city, state, country, or world community. I can align this theme with people-ization by always carrying my knowledge with me and presenting it to my surrounding peers. I want to carry my knowledge with great pride and structure in order to effectively share with others. Expressing knowledge carefully, specifically in my degree, is very essential locally AND internationally. I wish to manifest achievement by acquiring as much important knowledge as possibly and passing this knowledge on to eventually strive others to succeed.

• Macie Snowden

I think having organized knowledge allows leaders to conduct a cohesive group. Not only does it help the leader become successful, it gives opportunity to everyone in the community. As the acronym says, “Lets All Human Opportunity Manifest Achievement,” it is implying that it gives everyone an opportunity to shine. This is a right and wrong way to lead within a community. Never listening to anyone or taking all the credit is definitely a wrong approach to making social connections or gaining any kind of credibility. However, when you allow organized knowledge to provide an opportunity for all members of the community, it lets people see you care. You have now given them a sense of identity because they have a chance to show what they can do to contribute.

• Zack Simmons

I will use our leadership class as an example as my community. I think it’s awesome that there are different roles of leadership within our LOT community. Like our president, director of service, and the many other roles we have. By empowering the students it makes LOT more important and more of a priority to achieve success within out LOT community. If it was just a teacher leading our class and not holding the students accountable to be leaders, starting with our own community, how could we possibly be leaders outside of our small community? So people-ization is extremely important in any community.

• Ocean Scheel

Organized knowledge and leadership within my local community, being that of UCO can be aligned with people-ization through not only the outreach of an organization or a mIssion but it’s dedication to getting to know the people it’s trying to benefit. For instance there is a student government that takes into consideration the wants and needs of students on campus. I attended a UCOSA meeting and there was a lot of debate about the transparancy of the organization. They wanted to be sure that, since they are a student based government that the students could understand their intention and how to get involved. In an international spectrum this can be achieved by making sure the organization or mission is knowledgeable about the people they are trying to help and their circumstances. Ramu mentioned that although there isn’t one thing that is decided the same way across the board as a solution, he said that they become knowledgable about all the circumstances of each place. For example Ramu said that wheelchair accessibility for instance at UCO is a reasonable request but in some countries it wouldn’t be as achievable. In order to achieve peoplezation internationally, this must be taken into consideration. There are many differences between nations and between people and in order to unite them there must be leaders dedicated to finding a common ground.

• Jameson Riley

I think that when trying to motivate people and encourage them to be the best that they can be individually this acronym is as relevant a theme as you will find. The idea of letting knowledge create opportunity and later manifest achievement has really resonated in my mind. I think as we try and create an atmosphere of people-ization in our own communities we have to have the mindset and the goal to not further our own careers but to further the lives of the people around us. After all that’s what a leader ought to do. Create opportunity and give people the tools to succeed and therefore be better their own lives, not our own.

• Sabrina Bermudez

I think that the acronym Mr. Damodaran discussed was wonderfully in depth and certainly applicable to the idea of people-ization. This idea of acting selflessly and creating opportunities for others to be successful really is a proper definition of leadership, in my mind. Applying it to our own communities is very relative and abstract, and so when beginning the process of people-ization in our communities it begins with research and gathering of knowledge as to what methods have been historically successful in areas similar to our own. After this we can begin bettering the lives of the people around us.

• Chase Gulliver

The ideas presented by Mr. Damodaran during his presentation, I believe, have one meaning and and an infinite number of applications. To me the beginning of the entire process of people-ization begins with a humble heart and the honest desire to help others. Without this origin I believe the entire process is destined to fail. How do we go about implementing these themes into our own society? It’s a complex idea and I think there are tons of ways to begin this process in our own communities, and as long as the motive is the achievement if others, rather than that of self-success, this plan will hold true.

• Bre Peeler

In today’s society, it is common to forget how important making connections with others, actually is. Mr. Damodaran reminded us as to how important making connections is as well as how important it is to have organized knowledge, versus having random pieces of information that don’t correlate to one another. The acronym OKLAHOMA is easily applicable to everyday life. If everyone knows the same information, it is easy to work together for a common goal; whether it be in a global standpoint or in a local community organization, it will work when used correctly. Making personal connections with each and every person that you meet is just the beginning step to using OKLAHOMA.

• Freshta Nematzadeh

Ramu Damodaran was a wonderful presenter for our PLC/LOT class and i felt honored to have him speak in our presence. Something that stuck with me from Ramu’s presentation was the acronym he used “OKLAHOMA” which stands for “Organized Knowledge Lets All Human Opportunity Manifest Achievement”. A thought i had on this was that a true leader cannot prosper alone, only by leading and empowering others. The term he used, “people-ization”, goes hand in hand with what he was saying. As a leader, it is important to have a foundation or stability so that you have a firm foot planted on the ground to achieve your goals. Ramu said that it is important to have well rounded knowledge for the general good. This implies that a good leader not only has a strong passion to lead, but also good intentions that will benefit the greater good. Ramu has made it clear that he began in having a goal for equality for women which got him involved in global politics The people-ization role comes into play as you consider your actions of leadership and how they can empower others. By having one common goal and a desire for change, people in your community can come together and achieve dreams all through the power of leadership.

• Chloe Freeman

This acronym can be translated to mean that Getting an education, whether is be through school, organizations or group learning, helps a human’s opportunities and goals turn into successful and possible achievements. This idea is important in a society where people have the power (people-ization) to determine their own futures. Locally and internationally , education is the key in developing a thriving and successful community.

• Bailee Bronson

The acronym “OKLAHOMA” relates heavily to Mr. Damodaran’s theme of people-ization due to its unselfish nature. “OKLAHOMA”, or organized knowledge lets all human opportunity manifest achievement, calls for a true sense of community in an effort to benefit society as a whole. Because of this cause to effect nature, people-ization begins to take place. I can align this acronym to people-ization on a global level by understanding how allies across the globe work together to benefit the world as a whole, but also to have personal gain as well. I can align this acronym to people-ization on a local level by referring to how the Oklahoma community comes together after a tornado. Again, the essence of unselfishness and selflessness manifests itself fully within the local and global community.

• Angela Thampi

The acronym OKLAHOMA that Ramu Damodaran presented to us is extremely important to think about when considering our own community. Organized knowledge is so significant in allowing everyone to succeed. Without organization, the society is unable to flourish because nothing can be accomplished in chaos. If the community is able to put their thoughts and ideas together and work as a group, then there is more opportunity for growth and development for everyone. The goal should always be to further our society and without organized knowledge, that would be almost impossible.

• Kalen Russell

People-ization is placing the individual as the most important part of a community. Persons are most apt to succeed when they are aware of their talents and passions, are educated, and have the knowledge and ability to concentrate their energies on their passions. The pursuit of knowledge is organized, and with a clear goal is in mind, the successful individual’s attention is focused towards information that will build upon their passions. This practice allows the individual to be driven and innovative in their field of study, have a sense of accomplishment, and thus contribute to their community. From here the human tendency to be acquainted in various fields occurs naturally. As a society we can experience this kind of self-actualization and success only after making the consensus that there is enough success to go around, and that being different is acceptable. By focusing on strengths instead of weakness and allowing the individual to pursue his or her own passions free of the constraints of normalcy and predictability, then as community both locally and globally we will achieve greatness.

• Ramu used the word peopl-ization to replace the term of globalization yet the concepts are very much the same- reaching people and getting them to work towards one common goal. In his speech, Ramu mainly focused on that goal being the betterment of human kind. Organized knowledge directly leads into that. One cannot accomplish anything without organized knowledge. Knowing that, one can used this theme in many ways to accomplish a lot. Being able to lead a group to the common good and betterment of the group is the exact idea of peopl-ization. One can use that idea to improve campus life, home life, community life, and even internationally in small and large ways.

• mason thompson

This theme can be very relevant in our loacal community. In fact one of the keys to successfully accomplishing your goal is to strategies and look into how you can achieve it step by step. This can go right along with organized knowledge. And if you can get everyone in your community to trust and believe, you can all come together thus making your goals more attainable. Most opportunities have came from a dream or a goal. You can accomplish these things if you know how and what steps are necessary to accomplish them(organizing knowledge).

• By Organizing our Knowledge we stand a better chance of moving forward and Achieving. I like this acronym because each part depends on each other. One must Organize Knowledge in order to better understand situations and other people both in our communities and around the world. I love the next part, “Human Opportunity,” because I interpret it to mean opportunities to help each other and better our world. All of these components add up to Manifest Achievement which is a very powerful phrase. We can only Manifest great things if we reach out and decide we’d rather work together than fight over our differences. This is important to remember on a personal and a global scale. By following the acronym OKLAHOMA I think that we can better relate to those around us and work together to “Manifest Achievement.”

• Blakely Elliott

One thing I’ve learned throughout my life is that most people won’t take action unless they aren’t given knowledge and opportunity. And they can’t receive these things unless someone instills it in them. I know that I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for people pouring into my life and giving me knowledge and opportunities. To me, it’s kind of like a pay it forward type thing. If someone invests in your life, I think it’s your duty to pass on that to someone else. If everyone quit investing knowledge and opportunities we would all be stuck at a standstill with no growth or achievement. Therefore, investing is important to the success of a community.

• Stephanie Nutter

If all people were taught on an equal level, our local and international communities would gain the benefit of knowledge. They would also have the ability to be a part of endless possibilities of achievement. These achievements could revolutionize every day life for those who live locally or internationally without these opportunitys. Also by allowing everyone the opportunity for equal learning it allows everyone to see their potential.

• Emily Dunlevy

The acronym OKLAHOMA is very applicable to any organization because every organization is made up of a diverse set of people with a wide range of knowledge and experiences. A successful organization is successful because they are able to take the knowledge that every individual brings to the table and make something great out of it. One person’s knowledge can be powerful but when it is combined with another person’s perspective on the subject, the outcome can be ten times more powerful. Within our local community the acronym OKLAHOMA can help leaders greatly because they will be pushed to hire a more diverse group of people to work for them.The leader of this group will take all of the presented knowledge and arrange it in a way to have everyone’s voices heard and create something great.This diversity will help the community flourish because a wide range of people will be represented by the members of the group. At an international level, this is even more applicable because the international organizations have to think about all the countries that will be affected by their decisions. The acronym OKLAHOMA is all about having a strong leader who will allow many voices to be heard and will combine all the ideas and create something great that the group can be proud of.

• Kennedy Lehew

Everyone has an equal opportunity to achieve. Achievement comes from working hard. In our case, working hard could be trying hard in school, or going above and beyond in our organizations or leadership positions. In order to truly achieve, we all have to come together and put our minds together to achieve. The more minds, the more powerful things become. Teamwork can be extremely helpful when trying to achieve.

• I think that allowing free access knowledge of what the government is doing to all people is necessary to have an educated and “people-ized” society. To give power to the people on any level whether it be local or international a state of knowing what your leaders want, and are doing is necessary. I feel like we do not live in a country that has people-ization because we do not know what our government is doing and why they are doing that. If we can educate people with real facts on leaders and hold them accountable for what they promise, people-ization and the acronym will be in affect. If everyone is on the same page then synergy can be developed between everyone and maybe our state, and country can flourish like once before.

• Sydney Richardson

The acronym OKLAHOMA aligns with peoplization because the more knowledge the community has the more they can achieve. Education is key to the advancement of technology and medicine. Knowledge brings communities together to fight for what is right and to make sure their community is the best it can be.

• Katelyn LanCaster

I think this acronym means that people can and will succeed when given the proper resources. This applies everywhere. For example,you won’t learn as much if the teacher doesn’t give you instruction or a book. As future leaders, we can’t just be the person that people go to help solve their problems. We must give them the tools to solve their problems themselves.

• I believe when people all understand the true meaning behind events isn’t the world and understand the issues facing our world, they will be able to manifest achievement with the people around them, causing peopleization to be manifested. So in my local context, I should look to understand the problems around the local community and work with other people to achieve understand of issues and achieving their resolution. And I believe understanding to the other person instead of looking to your own individual perspective will help to achieve understanding.

• Lauren McKenzie

Ramu gave us serval scenarios and examples of how the United Nations does things to help organize the way leadership is applied. He told us to first make sure that we have the basic leadership essentials, peace and security, good governing, and infrastructure. When he said the acronym of Oklahoma, he was reminding us how to get things done in our community in an affective and quick manor. You have to gather all the information on a topic with the leaders around you, and then see the options you have to get something done and ultimately pick the best option for your community. To work together with the leaders you must have all of the options available of the leaders to work together to pick the best option. The good of the community or nation should always be the main goal, and therefore create some good in your community.

• Rachel Meyer

Peopleization presents the idea of putting all persons’ needs at the center of leadership opportunities and benefits. The acronym he used for “Oklahoma” helps to show this by stating that “all human opportunity can manifest achievement.” In all communities, a knowledge of the population and its needs is very important. Through the concept of peopleization and the acronym, a community would benefit from the idea of not only understanding and knowing the kind of leadership and resources one needs, but also how everyone can be successful through those opportunities. Organizations such as the United Nations must combine the concept of organized knowledge for success of people through the process of peopleization to ensure that they are making correct goals and initiatives for the future.

• britton hodge

this acronym aligns with my community as to what the acronym says exactly, the knowledge of the people. I think this means that a combined knowledge of the community makes the community better, it helps the community thrive and by empowering the people in your community to give more of a group consensus so that this knowledge is shared throughout the community.

• Cambrea Lott

I could align this theme within my local community by starting with myself and working towards always learning and remaining hungry for knowledge. By doing this I can be leading by example and encouraging my friends to do the same. I could talk to family, friends, members of the community, etc. and push them to be the best at whatever it is they want to do specifically and help them recognize the importance of organized knowledge. When it comes to the international community, I’m unsure as to whether or not I could have as much of an impact as Ramu Damodaran did, but I can contribute by always keeping in mind the greater good and the importance of being great at what I do specifically. Everyone has something to gain via the growth of organized knowledge.

• Barry Ricketts

During class on Tuesday Mr. Damodaran’s, “Oklahoma” acronym stuck out the most to me in within his presentation. The first idea that came to mind into comparison was The University of Central Oklahoma. If you were to spend one day on UCO’s campus you would see how much the students show affection and empowerment in their beliefs ranging anywhere from gay rights to anti-abortion. I find this community to be above par compared to other campuses because of how easy is it to get involved in organizations that you’re interested in being apart of. This school has created opportunities for me and others as well to grow into better adults/students socially and scholarly which are characteristics that are needed to tackle greater situations in order to be rewarded achievement.

• I think that the idea of seperation between the communal realm and the global realm is a very myopic. Naturally we all focus foremost on what is local and relevant and lose both interest and knowledge of what is perceptively foreign. However, the idea of “peoplization” seeks to realign the lens through which we view more alien communities. It begins with the recognition that the basis of any community, regardless of beliefs, ethnicities, or customs, is the individual person. This not only provides a bridge through which a person’s community and global goals can become one, but also provides a manner through which greater human achievement can be reached.
    Peoplization occurs most prominently when knowledge is organized in a manner that allows an individual to recognize similarities between themselves and other around the world. They go from viewing a just another woman in Somalia to seeing a Somalian Mother, needing food and clean water for her children. The individual can recognize that her needs are the same as there needs, and this knowledge allows them to work to aid another person instead of some foreign nation. Thus, this organized knowledge allows for new opportunities for all parties involved, and these opportunities invariably lead to communal and global human achievement.

• Kat Hartley

I think the ways I can align the theme used by Mr. Damodaran with people-ization in my local communities in a way that expresses the OKLAHOMA acronym, by using and demonstrating them in my every day life. If I show that how organized knowledge helps me achieve things through my actions, others will have to see it and hopefully in return follow my lead. The opportunity’s that can be brought out with the guidance and compliance with others is endless. if all teams and groups worked together and followed the acronym given, I truly think you would be successful.

• Hung-Lin Lai

Organization is key to getting things done. An organized organization pools people and talent together to create opportunities and allows for achieving things. This could be done in the local community by spreading and raising awareness through knowledge. Just like various international organizations on campus are doing to spread the culture and raise global competency.

• Jennafyer Sullivan

I feel like I can use this theme to remind myself to get involved more with my community. Being a leader with others who have the same goals as myself seems like it would make for a better outcome. And, it would give others the opportunity to branch out to areas that I may not personally have access to, but would still like to impact all the same. Sometimes it’s scary reaching out to unfamiliar people, but it helps to remember that for the most part, people want to see good in the world. What better place is there to start a positive change than right here at home?

• JUNGHEE HONG

I think human knowledge affects local and international community. If people has a great knowledge, they can adjust all field. For example, if people has broad knowledge of international community such as culture and customs, it helps when communicating with foreigners. And if one satisfy foreigners (because they can communicate well), they can make more contract or more chance. So, broad knowledge can affect when meeting people or contracting.

• Tyler Curry

To me, organized knowledge can help us to identify the issues in our society locally and worldwide. I think anything can be achieved as long as everyone is willing to work together and have the same goal. So for a country or group of people to better itself, everyone needs to have some organized knowledge to know what needs to be done to fix those issues. I also agree with Ramu when he said that for problems to be fixed, people need to be engaged. So I guess what I believe is that we need engaged leaders who have organized knowledge to change a community for the better and this is what I got out of Ramu’s Lesson.

• Delaney Denham

Ramu Damodaran’s OKLAHOMA acronym was very interesting and inspiring. I think it is applicable to leadership in communities. Every person has a voice. As leaders, it is important to listen and value individual thoughts and help them make the most of their talents. If we can empower those individuals, they can turn around as leaders and be able to continue helping individuals find their own potential. This will help make communities better.

• To be completely honest, I do not think I am properly understanding the question just as I don’t think I properly understood Mr. Damodaran. While he made plenty of good points, and speech was fluent and well spoken, it was hard to absorb his plentiful points that he was making. I am assuming that the acronym and people-ization are one in the same. While I do not fully understand people-ization, I assume it is the same as people coming together for a single goal for the greater good, as discussed. Otherwise known as people using what they know to play their part in completing a task. For instance in the college community, particularly PLC, we have a representative for each class. The goal of these representatives are to use their leadership skills to find the traits of his fellow men and women in order to fulfill a task or purpose to either better our college or to bring together the PLC community itself. Then there is an international view. The United Nations has to use the separate traits of each country to better the planet as a whole while each individual country has to take care of their own needs. I’m not quite sure if I answered the question correctly but that is how I interpreted it.

• Asia Augustine

Mr.Damodaran was one of my favorite speakers thus far. His connects of global unity were inspirational. If everyone kept the greater good of all in mind daily the world would be a better place. I believe this theme helps remind us that thought can not go far without organization. It takes the collaboration of people to achieve a common goal. A good leader has the ability to help organize multiple talents. I can use this knowledge to organize movements in my community that can maybe on day transform into global movements. I