As the oldest university in Oklahoma, established in 1890, the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) has acquired over 50 national rankings and awards of which UCO students and faculty can be proud.
Through the years, UCO has been listed highly in rankings such as:
- U.S. International University of the Year – Higher Education Review
- Top Regional Universities in the West – U.S. News and World Report
- #1 Jazz Ensemble Programs – Downbeat Magazine
- Top 3 Strongest Professional Master’s Degree in Engineering Physics – American Institute of Physics
- Top 10 Student Engagement Universities – Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education
- Top 20 Accredited Universities – Professional Golf Association
- Top 20 National Debate Tournament – Cross Examination Debate Association
The United States of America does not have a Ministry of Education. As a result, university standards are measured by accreditation agencies. Universities with more prestigious academic programs go through the process of having their quality certified by accrediting agencies which specialize in specific academic disciplines.
Besides verifying academic quality, why do accreditations matter for students?