Structure of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is comprised of three functional areas: The Women’s Outreach Center, Diversity Retention, and Diversity Enrichment. Through the efforts of each of these areas the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is able to implement programs and services that directly speak to not only the vision of the University of Central Oklahoma as we empower students to become productive, creative, ethical and engaged citizens and leaders serving our global community, but to the mission of the office as well.
Who We Serve
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion, an unwavering staple for many students at the University of Central Oklahoma, serves students from various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Notably, our initiative programs are comprised of approximately 80% of students who are first generation, low-income students.
Measures of Success for the 2019-20 Academic Year
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion has established the following key performance indicators to measure the strategic effectiveness of its programs and services for the 2019-20 academic year:
- 10% higher retention rate for students in the Student Success Initiative programs and who serve in a leadership role in one of the student organizations advised through the ODI when compared to their peers.
- 10% higher average GPA for students in Student Success Initiative programs and who serve in a leadership role in one of the student organizations advised through the ODI when compared to their peers.
- 7 students will reflect (through STLR) on their experiences while in the ODI / WOC spaces.
- 30 students will attend the Diversity Leadership Institute.
- 10 freshman who are active in DRT or in the Student Success Initiatives will explore leadership opportunities their sophomore year.