photo of Mindy Vo

From the Student’s Desk

A Word from Mindy Vo

Being on the Asian American Student Association (AASA) executive board for the second year has been a wild adventure. I was previously the historian for the AASA 2018-19 executive board. This year, I have taken on the role as president, which so far has been a great experience for me. I have learned so much working with my board to plan our biggest and upcoming event, the Asian Moon Festival. We have hit some bumps in the road, but we are lucky enough to have incredible advisors that helped guide us in the right direction.

Though there are many stressful moments when it comes to leading an organization, I still love what I do and am thankful for the opportunities presented to me by AASA and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion has provided me a home on campus. I have been able to gain so many new friends and family in the office. Having a comfortable place to connect with other people in an engaging environment is why I enjoy being in the ODI. All in all, I’m happy to be able to spread awareness of Asian cultures across campus and to collaborate with different organizations.

Table of Contents

Buddy Broncho made his first appearance in UCO's own newspaper The Vista. It was the October 3, 1932, issue where a Broncho appears wearing a UCO football uniform. He has appeared numerous times throughout the years from local Edmond papers in the 60's to state-wide papers in the 80's. The commissioning of the first ever live mascot appears in UCO's 1979 Bronze Book where Buddy Broncho made his first public appearance at Homecoming. Since that time, Buddy has been a fixture at UCO events and in the hearts of UCO students.