We are looking forward to welcoming our residents to campus housing this fall! The Housing & Residential Engagement staff is working hard to ensure our halls are a safe and welcoming home for our residents as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. This preparation also extends to dining services, as our partners at Chartwells implement a nationwide plan to protect students in all their dining locations.
We have put in place a set of protocols for the reopening of our facilities. These will be adjusted as needed to appropriately respond to changes brought on by COVID-19.
- Transparent barriers have been installed at customer service locations in Bausher Place, residence halls, and dining locations.
- All doorknobs to each residential unit will be disinfected daily.
- All public doors and card swipes will be disinfected twice daily.
- Bathrooms in Murdaugh Hall, West Hall and the Quad will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily.
- Increased the availability of single room options
- All soap dispensers in the halls will be converted to touchless dispensers.
- Community spaces will have reduced occupancy limits to accommodate social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Smaller community activities and online activities will be planned to accommodate social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Increasing to-go option availability and removing self-serve options in dining facilities.
In addition, plans for a multi-day move in process are underway. Residents will receive information about individual move in times, best practices for social distancing while moving items into the halls, and other relevant information in the weeks to come.
We are continuing to work with university administration and health officials, as well as following the guidance of the Oklahoma Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as we navigate this pandemic together. Students are encouraged to read university email messages and check the housingand university coronavirus webpages for updates on services. The changes COVID-19 has brought to our daily lives are unprecedented, but we continue to strive to make campus housing at UCO a place to be engaged, secure and successful during your time with us.
See you soon!