Student Highlight- Jordan Gray

Jordan Gray has been serving as a tutor for the nursing department since January 2020. She states “during my time as a tutor I have enjoyed developing close relationships with the faculty and staff as well as making connections with students. My favorite part about my job is helping students achieve their goals and watching them grow as a student nurse.” Jordan has served in a variety of leadership positions across campus and hopes to continue leading and helping others long after leaving the UCO campus. She is set to graduate in May 2021 and hopes to become an ICU nurse. Tutoring has given her a passion for educating and eventually she hopes to continue her education so she is able to continue to teach new nurses.

Buddy Broncho made his first appearance in UCO's own newspaper The Vista. It was the October 3, 1932, issue where a Broncho appears wearing a UCO football uniform. He has appeared numerous times throughout the years from local Edmond papers in the 60's to state-wide papers in the 80's. The commissioning of the first ever live mascot appears in UCO's 1979 Bronze Book where Buddy Broncho made his first public appearance at Homecoming. Since that time, Buddy has been a fixture at UCO events and in the hearts of UCO students.