Cody Wilkerson, Nursing Graduate Student

Cody Wilkerson graduated from UCO with his bachelor’s in nursing in May 2017. During that time he served as a tutor for the department. He states “I developed a passion for pediatrics very early on in nursing school so I took a full time job on the Pediatric Surgical Unit at The Children’s Hospital after graduation and have worked there since.”

Cody returned to UCO and was accepted into the Master’s of Nursing program to pursue his passion for nursing education in Fall 2018. He is scheduled to graduate in May 2020. Currently, Cody works as an adjunct in the nursing department in pediatric clinical as well as Foundation lab/clinical. “I’m so excited to start teaching for UCO as adjunct clinical faculty and I hope I can make an impact on the future of nursing through education!”

Recently Cody received accolades from the Safe Sleep Work Group for the Oklahoma Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative for the OKC/Tulsa area for his work on his safe sleep project that has been implemented at Children’s Hospital.
Welcome Cody! We are proud of you!

Reply