Classes will continue as schedule Friday, March 13 through Sunday, March 15.
Extended spring break for students March 23-27
- Classes will not be in session, regardless of delivery. Students are not required to report to campus or to online classes. Assignment deadlines during this week will be moved by instructors to a time after classes resume.
- Campus will be operational. Faculty and staff employees should report to work as usual. Student employees have the option of reporting to work but are not required to do so. Student employees should contact their supervisors to express their intent. This week will be used to prepare faculty and staff to transition to alternate methods of instructional delivery. Trainings will occur in person and online. Social distancing practices will be implemented during in-person trainings.
- University Housing will remain open for residents. Ayers Kitchen will be the only dining facility open, 9:30 a.m-1:30 p.m. for lunch and 4:30-7 p.m. daily.
- Campus services such as, but not limited to, advisement, bursar, Center for Counseling and Well-Being, testing center, Wellness Center and library will be open. Those seeking to access these services in person should practice personal hygiene such as frequent, thorough hand-washing and practice social distancing when on campus. Our custodial services partners have increased cleaning and sanitation practices.
Alternate Instructional Delivery Methods March 28-April 12
- Classes will shift to alternate instructional delivery methods March 28-April 12.
- Alternate instructional delivery methods mean classes may be taught online or through a variety of instructional arrangements. The university is working with departments to provide access to and training on alternative instructional delivery methods. Right now, the intent is to have instructors reschedule in-class activities once courses on campus resume.
- More details will be communicated in the coming days via university email and/or from your instructor.
Intention to Return Classes to Their Previous Format
If a faculty/staff member or student feels sick, they should not come to campus. Faculty/staff can use sick time or paid time off.
Graduating and Ending the Semester on Time
- Please fill out the preparedness surveys. This will help us understand the needs of our community and secure resources as we transition to alternative instructional delivery methods.
- Please self-report your spring break travel plans.