Being Involved at UCO

By Riley Cole, junior strategic communication major, leadership minor

Being involved at UCO has allowed me to become connected to campus, understanding the history and richness Central embodies. I have built community like no other. I’ve discovered my passion and strengths, and built my resume more and more. So it seems, busier students do better in all areas; I’ve found this to be true.

Serving as a chapter president I’ve been stretched and strengthened more than I could have ever imagined. If it wasn’t for peers who saw potential in me and encouraged me to step up in leadership roles, I would have never had the opportunity to become a member of Sigma Phi Lambda and serve as president. This role has given me immense opportunities on campus, influence in areas I never would’ve dreamed and friendships that will last forever.

Getting involved at UCO has greatly enhanced my college experience. I would not be the leader, student, friend or sister I am if it wasn’t for the organizations I’ve invested in.

Editor’s note: Cole is a member of the following organizations:

• Sigma Phi Lambda (president, chaplain, homecoming chair, cheer and dance choreographer and Spring Sing chair);
  • President’s Leadership Council (senior representative);
  • New Broncho Orientation (Stampede Week director); and,
  • Hooves Up (rally coordinator).