A special congratulations to our faculty, staff and students who accomplished great things in the months of November and December.
- Congratulations to Yuyun Zhou, Ph.D., assistant professor of accounting, who was selected to attend the 2021 New Faculty Consortium sponsored by the American Accounting Association and Ernst & Young held Nov. 18-21 in Leesburg, VA.
- Shoutout to UCO economics students, Kali Tevis, Jay Relkin, Jose Jacobo, Turner Waddell and Priscila Guillen, and their advisor, Linh Pham, Ph.D., assistant professor of economics, who participated in the College Fed Challenge, a national competition offered by the Federal Reserve. The team was assisted by Huiying Chen, Ph.D., assistant professor of economics, and Chintamani Jog, Ph.D., associate professor of economics.
- Beta Epsilon student leaders Aaron Cox and Delaney Beller were selected to join Alyssa Bouchard, GIS vice president of industry engagement, on a panel with Q&A from industry professionals at the Big I Oklahoma 2021 Young Agents Conference Oct. 7 in Oklahoma City to discuss best practices to engage and attract top talent.
- Thank you to the volunteers of students, members and officers from Beta Epsilon, in addition to several industry professionals from CSAA (AAA) Insurance and Oklahoma Farm Bureau, who hosted a water stop at the OKC Memorial Marathon Oct. 3. It was a great way to give back to the community, which is one of the club’s key values.
- Geoff Willis, Ph.D., assistant dean for curriculum management and global activities and professor of OSCM, and Kennedy Cooley, senior professional sales major, represented the College of Business on the catwalk at the Oct. 28 UCO Fashion Show, Flash Back to Flash Forward, a charity fashion show benefitting the organization, Positive Tomorrows.
- Bambi Hora, J.D., chairperson and professor of accounting, was recently elected to the American Accounting Association Council Committee on Awards Committee (CCAC) for the 2022 year.
- Paula Sanders, Ph.D., assistant professor of accounting, recently attended the Teaching, Learning and Curriculum mid-year meeting where she served as a moderator for two different sessions.
- Yinghong Zhang, Ph.D., associate professor of accounting, had her paper, Customer Concentration and Debt Financing Choice (with Dr. Hora and Dr. Sanders) accepted for presentation at the 61st Annual Southwestern Finance Association (SWFA) Conference in March 2022.
- For the first time at UCO, two teams of students from Riley Shaull’s, instructor of accounting, governmental/nonprofit accounting class recently competed in the Association of Government Accountants Government Finance Case Challenge. Kudos to Shelby Gunn, Lauren Robinson, Makenzie Hudson, Deborah Duty, Lori Judkins and Lee Lenhart.