Congratulations to the Real Estate Program and Dr. David Chapman
- Commercial Real Estate Summit: September 20, 2018, the third annual Commercial Real Estate Summit was held. This is the largest, most comprehensive commercial real estate conference in the state. Held at the Cox Convention Center with over 150 attendees, 15 speakers and 20 sessions it has a major impact on Oklahoma commercial real estate. For additional details, see Daily Oklahoman Friday, September 21, 2018 page 4C, Saturday, September 22, 2018 page 2C and The Journal Record September 21, 2018 page 3A.
- University of Central Oklahoma Real Estate Program Endowment Reception: This event, held at the UCO Boathouse, September 19, 2018 was to announce the formation of an endowment to sustain the real estate program, retain students and provide a workforce for local employers into the future. In the first two days of formation of the endowment, over $150,000 was pledged and at least 4 student scholarships funded. For additional details, see the Journal Record September 17, 2018 page 3A and Daily Oklahoman September 21, 2018 page 4.
Congratulations to Assistant Professor John Maisch
- Assistant professor, John Maisch’s documentary Whiteclay’s Beer Story regarding business ethics and business law, working with the civil activist Frank LaMere, received coverage in New York Times October 8, 2018.
Congratulations to Dr. Zane Swanson
- Dr. Zane Swanson and colleagues were the authors of the top three papers published in the fall 2018 issue of Financial Management (A level journal on the ABDC list). Their accomplishment will be recognized at the Financial Management Association meeting in San Diego.
Congratulations to Dr. Neil Metz
- “Neighborhood Income Inequality and Property Crime” (with Mariya Burdina), Urban Studies, 55(1), 133-50, 2018. (A* journal on the ABDC list)
- “Peer Effects in a Competitive Environment: Evidence from the PGA TOUR” (with Daniel Hickman), Economic Inquiry, 56(1), 209-225, 2018. (A journal on the ABDC list)
Congratulations to Dr. Travis Roach
- Roach, T. (2018) Oklahoma Earthquakes and the Price of Oil, Energy Policy 121, 365-373. **Impact factor of 4.039 (top 10 journal in economics, A journal on the ABDC list)
Congratulations to Dr. Hongguo Wei
- Boyatzis, R. E., Passarelli, A. & Wei, H. 2018. Assessing leader development: Lessons from a historical review of MBA outcomes. Journal of Management Education, 41: 55-79. (B journal on the ABDC list)
Congratulations to Invited Presentation
- Willis Mwangola was invited to present a research manuscript at the POMS conference in Houston in F18. POMS (Production and Operations Management Society) is a premier academic organization for Operations Management.
Congratulations to Grants and Awards
- Clinton, M. Suzanne (Co-Principal), Rassouli-Currier, S. (Co-Principal), Greene, N. (Principal), “STLR: Factors Affecting Student Retention in Higher Education,” Sponsored by University of Central Oklahoma, University of Central Oklahoma.
- Gray, G. (Principal), Genchev, S. (Co-Principal), “Examining Team Identification, Team Performance, and Related Consumption Behavior of Oklahoma Sports Fans,” University of Central Oklahoma.
- David Chapman: RCSA Grants: Corey Bornemann and Ryan Chapman have both been awarded RCSA grants under the supervision of Dr. Chapman for their work on the London Research Tour.
- David Chapman was awarded a $4,000 High-Impact Research Grant in 2018 by the UCO Center for High-Impact Research and two research assistants to perform spatial analysis of transportation nodes in and around medical facilities in London.
- Zane Swanson Forecasting Loan Default Expense 2018 RCSA Grant, with Aminat Aloba
- Thanh Tran 2018-2019 RCSA Undergraduate Research Grant: “Is price-matching really attractive? The how and when to use price-matching in a competitive marketplace”. Student researcher: Linh Doan
Great Appreciation to Our Faculty’s Service to Communities
- Suzanne Clinton serves on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Internet Commerce (B journal on the ABDC list), as Treasurer for the State Board of Oklahoma Women in Higher Education, and as President of the Federation of Business Disciplines.
- Stefan Genchev serves as an Editorial Review Board Member, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management (A journal on the ABDC list).
- Lalit Manral serves as an Associate Editor for the Journal of Strategy and Management (C journal on the ABDC list).
- Lee Tyner serves as the Director of Electronic Media, Southwest Academy of Management.
- Lee Tyner is an Emeritus Board member of the OKC Employers’ council.
- David Chapman made presentations regarding medical marijuana Legislation SQ 788 that received coverage in Daily Oklahoman on July 14, 2018 and August 26, 2018.
- David Chapman was appointed by Governor Fallin as the Oklahoma Real Estate Commissioner in 2018.
- Linh Pham serves as a mentor for the Career Mentoring Program of the Vietnamese Professional Network in 2018.
- Willis Mwangola serves as an ex-officio board member of the APCIS (Association for Supply Chain Management) Oklahoma City chapter.
- Thanh Tran served as a board member and Marketing/PR Chair, Asian Health Coalition.The Asian Health Coalition is a grassroots organization established in Oklahoma City, OK in 1993. Its mission is to provide the Asian American and other minority communities with information and services to promote health and prevent diseases through collaborations with City/State Health Departments and local health organizations at its annual health fairs.
- Thanh Tran 2018 Asian Health Fair Chair, Oct 6 2018. Impact: services provided to 400+ patients.
- Victoria McKee serves on the Board of Directors of the Educational Committee, Central Oklahoma Humane Society, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. (January 25, 2016 – Present).