In today’s world of exercise, the hardest category to meet recommendations in has got to be the “aerobic activity” category. To reach a high level of cardiorespiratory fitness most people think that you have to walk briskly or do a slow jog for a prolonged period of time. This misunderstanding could very well be a reason individuals . . .
So you are looking to find the right workout plan to get your body summer ready. Whether we are interested in bulking up or getting toned, many of us face the question of whether free-weights or machine weights are a better choice. There are pros and cons to both, but neither hinders fitness, unless used wrong or beyond one’s ability.
Free weights . . .
Most people believe the harder you exercise the more fat you will burn but the truth is you burn fat more effectively while exercising at medium intensity. Medium intensity is about 80 percent of your maximal heart rate. This is important because energy used from fat is less likely to be replaced. When glycogen from sugar is used as a fuel source . . .
Fitness professionals use the acronym FITT to plan workouts. Here is a quick abdominal workout planned using FITT.
- F(frequency): 3 times per week
- I(intensity): Each exercise should be performed at maximal effort.
- T(time): 8 minutes total: 4 exercises each performed 1 time for 2 minutes without stopping! If two minutes is too difficult, start by performing each exercise for as long as you can and build up to 2 minutes over the course of a couple weeks.
- T(type): Toning/strength training
1. Partial curl up: Lying on back knees flexed as seen in the picture. Arms are extended and rested on the thighs. Curl up until the shoulders come up off of the ground and then go back down. Repeat for 2 straight minutes. . . .
In today’s world of fast food restaurants and dollar menu items it can be nearly impossible to make good nutritional choices. With a few of these “dollar menu” items, an individual can almost reach half of the daily recommended caloric intake of 2,000 calories. So what is the answer to break free of the ease of fast food and . . .
Why is physical activity important? In today’s superficial society looks are everything. It seems that everyone is desperate to be tan and toned and will go to extremes to get there. However being physically fit and active is more than meets the eye. There are numerous mental and physical benefits to being physical active.
. . .