The 2018-2019 school year marks ACM@UCO’s tenth anniversary!
To celebrate, it expanded its long-running Metro Music Festival into a yearlong event. The revamped Metro Music Series includes the High Noon Showcase, presenting free shows by ACM@UCO-tied music acts and tastemakers; its ACM@UCO Performance Lab series by regional and national touring acts; and a growing roster of masterclasses, clinics and workshops with industry leaders, many of which are open to students and the public.
ACM@UCO’s Metro Music Series is sponsored by Oklahoma Gazette, Exchange Music, KOSU Radio, ArtWorks, the National Endowment for the Arts and the Oklahoma Arts Council.
ACM@UCO Performance Lab concerts
329 E. Sheridan Ave., in Bricktown.
Doors open 7 p.m.
Tickets at eventbrite.com.
• Oct. 27: Ester Drang, Husbands, Tallows new music release show — Clerestory AV showcase
• Nov. 1: Maps & Atlases, with Magic Munchbox
• Nov. 2: Paul Benjaman and Jacob Tovar — Horton Records country showcase (Tickets on sale soon!)
• Nov. 7: Molly Burch, with Seph(ra)
• Nov. 14: Mac DeMarco (solo), with Leotie (SOLD OUT!)
• Nov. 18: Current Joys, with Love Seats and The Lunar Laugh (acoustic)
• Nov. 30: Colourmusic album release show, with openers TBA (Tickets on sale soon!)
• Dec. 7: Combsy and Henna Rojo — Horton Records jazz showcase. (Tickets on sale soon!)
High Noon Showcases
ACM@UCO Songwriting Room, 25 S. Oklahoma Ave. (first floor), in Bricktown.
All shows begin at 12:15 p.m.
• Oct. 22: Johnny Manchild and The Poor Bastards
• Nov. 19: Sam Weber
Masterclasses, clinics and listening sessions
ACM@UCO, 25 S. Oklahoma Ave. (first floor), in Bricktown.
Public welcome unless otherwise noted.
• Oct. 17: Noon: Listening session with ACM@UCO faculty David Broyles (They Might Be Giants, “Lincoln”)
• Oct. 24: 2 p.m.: Listening session with ACM@UCO faculty Dustin Ragland (Halloween, Alaska, “All Night the Calls Came In”)
• Oct. 26:9:30-11:30 a.m.: Artist + Management Partnerships: A conversation with JD McPherson and Scott Booker! Admission is free and open to the public. The event is a partnership of the Oklahoma Film + Music Office and ACM@UCO.
• Oct. 31: 2 p.m.: Listening session with ACM@UCO faculty Sephra Scheuber (Dirty Projectors, “Dirty Projectors”)
• Nov. 5: 2 p.m.: Listening session with ACM@UCO Executive Director Scott Booker (Supertramp, “Breakfast in America,” 8-track)
• Nov. 7: Molly Burch Q&A clinic (open to ACM students)
• Nov. 18: Current Joys Q&A clinic (open to ACM students)
• Nov. 26: 2 p.m.: Listening session with ACM@UCO faculty Danny Hargis (Steely Dan, “Aja”)
• Nov. 28: 2 p.m.: Listening session with ACM@UCO faculty Tyler Garcia (Third Eye Blind, “Third Eye Blind”)
• Dec. 3: 2 p.m.: Listening session with ACM@UCO staff Jennifer Chancellor (DJ BC: “The Beastles: Ill Submarine”)